EXPLORE, EXPERIENCE AND TASTE!
When we talk about the food, we like to say that this place is a heaven for food and wine lovers. We really love our food. It’s simple, diverse and based on a local products. You can visit many local restaurants and ecotourism spots where you will feel like in heaven for foodies. Besides this you can join one of our cooking classes 🙂
Here is the list of “Must try” dishes:
• Lamb chops – everyone will love these small grilled and juicy lamb chops
• Vitalac (not for everyone : ) – this dish is for brave ones because it’s made from insides of a lamb
• Peka (viel, lamb or octopus) – it’s really hard to explain what “Peka” means, but it’s definitely “Must try”
• Pašticada – is a long cooked beef dish made in a special thick sauce based on lot of vegetables and it’s usually served with homemade gnocchi
• Olive oil – once you arrive, you must hear everything about our olives and try olive oil
• Hrapoćuša – this cake comes from Dol, we call it aphrosisiac of Brač and it’s named after a rough stone – enough reasons to try it
• Škuta – this delicious sheep cheese is usually served as dessert with liquid honey, jam or sugar, but you can use it for everything, it’s a young cheese prepared in the morning for a same day use
• Cheese from Brač – we have more than 20 000 sheep on this island, so we have also a great cheese
• Fig jam – after a fig season in August, fig jam is what we make, of course even if you don’t like figs, you will adore this jam
• Candied almonds – when I think of candied almond, I think of my grandma, because she makes really good ones. Almonds in caramelized sugar, you can always eat them!