Rich and tasty local cuisine will satisfy all your needs. Join one of our tours and taste best island dishes prepared by local chefs. Fresh fish, octopus, lamb meat, Hrapoćuša cake, cheese are just a few things you should try. For the brave ones we have our local specialty “Vitalac” made of lamb insides which is definitely “must try”. When you eat great food, you also need to drink great wine, so that’s why we will take you to small island wineries where you will enjoy best wines from Brač island. You will meet local producers and hear everything about wine.
Other famous things are olive trees. More than million olive trees on Brač, are reason why we have best olive oil. After visiting Museum of olive oil, you will taste delicious liquid gold, and you will definitely want to take some home. After all these delicacies, don’t miss to visit Škrip, oldest village on the island, where you will get an idea how people used to live once. If you are explorer, you will enjoy walking to the Blaca monastery, 16th century monastery built by Glagolitic priests under a huge natural rock on the southern slopes of the island. Just above these southern slopes, the best view you will ever have is view from Vidova gora mountain, highest peak of all islands in Adriatic sea. You will experience breath taking view over the Zlatni rat beach, island of Hvar and Vis, and in good weather even Italy. While driving around you will probably ask why we have so much piles of grey stone, but if you call us for a tour we will tell you the story.
We are also proud of our beautiful white stone and quarries with this great lime stone from which is even part of White House in Washington built. That’s why you must hear a stone story and visit, stone galleries and a Stonemasonry high school in Pušišća. Now we gave you enough reasons to come and explore more.
See you there!
When we talk about the food, we like to say that this place is a heaven for food and wine lovers. We really love our food. It’s simple, diverse and based on a local products. You can visit many local restaurants and agro tourism spots where you will feel like in heaven for foodies.
• Lamb chops – everyone will love these small grilled and juicy lamb chops
• Vitalac (not for everyone : ) – this dish is for brave ones because it’s made from insides of a lamb
• Peka (viel, lamb or octopus) – it’s really hard to explain what “Peka” means, but it’s definitely “Must try”
• Pašticada – is a long cooked beef dish made in a special thick sauce based on lot of vegetables and it’s usually served with homemade gnocchi
• Olive oil – once you arrive, you must hear everything about our olives and try olive oil
• Hrapoćuša – this cake comes from Dol, we call it aphrosisiac of Brač and it’s named after a rough stone – enough reasons to try it
• Škuta – this delicious sheep cheese is usually served as dessert with liquid honey, jam or sugar, but you can use it for everything, it’s a young cheese prepared in the morning for a same day use
• Cheese from Brač – we have more than 20 000 sheep on this island, so we have also a great cheese
• Fig jam – after a fig season in August, fig jam is what we make, of course even if you don’t like figs, you will adore this jam
• Candied almonds – when I think of candied almond, I think of my grandma, because she makes really good ones. Almonds in caramelized sugar, you can always eat them